Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Rush

You know the rush?  Sure you do, you know that all consuming, must get it done, go, go, go, moment.  Well I had one of those this past week.  Those rush moments don't always happen but when they do I usually just grab on with two hands and try and sneak some food and coffee in when I can.

I finally finished this behemoth of a zig zag quilt.  I did a modern style quilting, as you can see here,  marked lines with a line of pebbles, uppy downy lines, and swirls in the blue.  Ugh, what a bloody headache the quilting was.
 So anyhow it was hair straight back to hand sew the binding (I just can't do machine stitched binding, I like the look of hand stitched too much).  Then it was time to remove the markings.  Well I have never immersed a quilt in the tub before, it's pretty darn nerve wracking.

"I wonder if I have the water temperature right, oh crap maybe I should double check!  Too late anyway... Oh it is right, whew.  OH MY GOD did I rinse the tub enough! What if some bit of cleaning chemicals gets into the quilt.... Oh right I use the green stuff... will that ruin the quilt?  No it's fine.  Soooo should I rub the lines?  Massage the quilt?  Dunk it under more?  How long should I leave it... "

Well you get the idea.  I ended up just leaving it in the tub for a while (32 minutes to be exact, in really cold water, maybe a little too cold, hmmm...)  I spun it in the wash a couple of times and popped it into the drier.
 I really like the quilt.  It's exactly what it was supposed to be.  I discovered that I'm not much of a 'modern' quilter.  I love the look of the modern quilts sure, but making them is way trickier than I thought.  Those white lines, I had to go over them 7 times!  The quilt is very large, and it was a super pain in the butt to get the thing into my little machine...  I have been eyeballing one of those Handi Quilter machines.

The rush wasn't over yet, I had to also quilt and bind this cute little number.  I picked this jelly roll up at Wal-Mart of all places.  It was on the super sale rack for a couple bucks.  I thought it was just ugly as sin, until I started sewing with it.  Now I think it's the cutest!
 One of my best friends just found out she will be having a baby girl so this is for her.  I suppose you could say this is another 'modern' quilt because of the white, but I did an all over stipple so the quilt can be snuggly.  I was inspired by this video from the Missouri Star Quilt Company.   I'm linking up with the awesome ladies over at the Needle and Thread Network.  Have a gooder.

20 comments:

  1. You made me smile.....thank you. The behemoth turned out beautifully. I'm a fan of the little shots of yellow. Your friend's baby is going to be a very lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love both quilts!! But the one you are giving away....gorgeous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job. I totally understand the gnashing of teeth but its worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They turned out wonderfully. The gnashing of teeth - definitely worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates
    obat pembesar penis

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that came from Walmart? I must have a closer look at the precuts there next time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Greetings admin
    I like your topic, after reading your article very helpful at all and can be a source of reference
    I will wait for your next article updates
    Thank you, for sharing
    sex shop, sex shop semarang, obat memperbesar alat vital, obat pembesar penis, vimax asli canada, vimax pill canada

    ReplyDelete
  8. Greetings admin I like your topic, after reading your article very helpful at all and can be a source of reference I will wait for your next article updates Thank you, for sharing sex shop, sex shop semarang, sex toys semarang, alat pembesar penis, vimax asli, obat kuat semarang, boneka full body,

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates
    obat pembesar penis , Vimax Asli

    ReplyDelete
  10. terima kasih atas informasinya,sukses selalu.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for picking my card as one your winners from the teddies challenge, it is such an honour.
    Thank you for all your hard work in making the challenge so successful, it's a shame that the challenge is ending but I can totally understand your reasons and wish you all the best.
    Sue xx obat penggugur kandungan

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing in this article
    I can learn a lot and could also be a reference
    I hope to read the next your article updates

    [-] Vimax Asli
    [-] Pembesar Penis
    [-] Agen Vimax Asli

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cara menggugurkan dengan menggunakan obat aborsi merupakan hal yang lazim dilakukan diluar negeri, terutama di negara-negara Eropa, dan sangat cocok obat penggugur kandungan untuk diterapkan di Indonesia mengingat klinik aborsi yang dilakukan oleh dokter-dokter kandungan sangat sulit untuk ditemukan dan sangat tertutup, dan seandainya ada harganya obat telat bulan sangat mahal jika dibandingkan dengan obat aborsi termanjur yang kami tawarkan.Cara Menggugurkan Kandungan Paling Ampuh Pakai obat aborsi Manjur, Pil Telat Haid cytotec asli Dari Pfizer Aman Sampai Tuntas Lunturkan JaninKami menjual obat aborsi dan jual obat cytotec asli yang ampuh menggugurkan kandunganjual obat aborsi aman dan ampuh, obat aborsi terbaik masa kini Jual Vimax Asli Di Batam Obat Pembesar Penis di formulasikan untuk meningkatkan sirkulasi darah di penis agen vimax batam sehingga membuat ruang yang lebih besar dan meningkatkan ukuran penis secara jual vimax asli di batam bertahap penis akan menyesuaikan tumbuh besar dan panjang. efek yang dihasilkan terlihat ereksi jauh lebih keras,vimax asli batam juga kekuatan berhubungan intim lebih tahan lama.


    ReplyDelete