But otherwise I have finally finished this Zodiac Star quilt for my special little niece who I have yet to meet. She has pretty blue eyes and I think this quilt will suit her just right.
Anyone who caught previous posts would perhaps remember the ins and outs of the construction process I used so I'll keep my description simple.
HERE. I'm planning to use a bunch of trapunto in an upcoming project so I decided to test the process on this quilt. I used Leah Day's trapunto tutorial and proceeded to quilt tiny little pebbles (also a test run). My pebbling after 12 9x9 blocks around fairly complicated motifs is much improved.
Things I learned making this quilt:
1. Use spray starch on the 'Y' seams.
2. Use bigger and better batting for trapunto.
3. Stitch pebbles in a larger scale.
4. Do not bother to stitch pebbles or any other complicated design on a patterned fabric, you never see it!
5. I need more practice at machine binding. Or a better technique. Or maybe just more practice.